Last Updated on 18th February 2019 by Sophie Nadeau
I first visited Paris at the age of 18 with my parents, sister, and an ex-boyfriend in tow. From that moment on, I was hooked. The magic and mystery that had fascinated old and young alike for centuries had now entrapped me too. I now live in Paris… There’s a reason why so many people are in love with Paris. There’s a reason why Paris is the city of love. There’s a reason Paris is the city of lights. Paris encapsulates something I’ve never seen anywhere else in the World and I can’t quite put my finger on it. And these quotes about Paris will prove why this is the case…
Paris encapsulates all that it is to be free and alive. There are bars, cafés, dancing, drinking, eating, sightseeing and people choosing to do a million different things just because they can. Paris is a celebration of life. Paris is a city of dreams.
Paris is not just a city for lovers, but a city to fall in love with.
Quotes about Paris:
- London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation. – G.K. Chesterton
- Paris was a universe whole and entire unto herself, hollowed and fashioned by history. – Anne Rice
- I like The Eiffel Tower because it looks like steel and lace. – Natalie Lloyd
- You stumble, and you soar. And, if you’re lucky, you make it to Paris for a while. – Amy Howard
- If “Sex and the City” taught us anything, it’s that Paris is the only city in the world that New Yorkers actually fantasize about. – Elizabeth Bard
- A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life. – Thomas Jefferson
- Paris is always a good idea. – Audrey Hepburn
- When good Americans die, they go to Paris. – Oscar Wilde
- It’s Paris. You don’t come here for the weather. – Adrian Leeds
- We’ll always have Paris. – Howard Koch
Enjoyed reading these Paris quotes? Pin them now, read them again later: