Although this is a vegan recipe, the vegan milk can be substituted with regular semi-skimmed milk if you prefer. I absolutely adore this vegan iced mocha recipe, for the simple fact that it is easy to prepare and delicious to drink. Preparation time: 4-7 minutes
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- Half a glass of soya/ almond/ hazelnut milk (alternative)
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder (alternative hot chocolate powder)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Half a glass worth of ice
You will need/ equipment:
- A glass
- A mug
- A kettle
Instructions for making the vegan iced mocha:
- Mix the coffee, cocoa powder, and sugar together.
- Boil the kettle and make a shot in your mug using the mixed ingredients (be sure not to use too much water). Leave to cool for at least 3-5 minutes (or as long as possible)
- Prepare your glass by filling it half with ice and then adding the milk. The trick is to allow the milk to cool down using the ice so that the coffee doesn’t warm the whole thing up.
- Pour your shot into the glass of milk and ice.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Drink up and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy my ‘Vegan Hot Chocolate‘ Recipe.