Last Updated on 5th December 2015 by Sophie Nadeau
Is it just me or has the temperature just plummeted by 10 degrees in around half as many days?
Winter coat out, umbrella on standby and ugly winter boots at the ready. Yep, it’s official, Winter is here.
With the nights drawing in, days growing colder and light levels dropping daily, sometimes you need to make a couple of changes to become happier.
So here are 21 little ways to get happier right now (and hopefully healthier).
Some of these are silly, others more serious.
- Be yourself.
- Travel. The more you travel the more you learn about the world around you.
- Brew some tea. While I’m all for a good blend of English Breakfast or Chai tea, herbal teas can be really good too. Chamomile tea is soothing while mint is invigorating.
- Write a diary (or start a blog *wink, wink*).
- Drink less coffee.
- Take some time off social media. Seriously.
- Stop saying when ‘x happens, I’ll do y’. Life is for living. Go and live it right now.
- Equally, know when to take a break.
- Go on a walk. Outside.
- Call a loved one. Ever heard of the saying ‘a problem shared is a problem halved?’ Yes, obviously you have. But it’s a saying for a reason. Whether it be your best friend, mum or boyfriend, calling a loved one can make you feel better immediately.
- Let go of the things you can’t change.
- Listen to your favourite song (on repeat if necessary).
- Try cooking something.
- Drink more water. Clearer skin, clearer thinking, the power of water is strong.
- Accept yourself for the way you are.
- Read a good book.
- Focus on the positive.
- Sleep more.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables.