While growing up, I’ve always had fond memories of hot chocolate. Cooler nights pair perfectly with warm drinks, and a warm chocolate drink is the perfect ‘pick me up’ for when you’re feeling under the weather. It’s also caffeine free, meaning that the recipe can be enjoyed during any time of the day!
In fact, I personally always make this recipe when I’m feeling down or just want a somewhat ‘healthier’ pick me up… But really, by healthier, I mean something that’s not white wine or coffee! This hot chocolate pairs perfectly with all manner of sweets. If you want more dessert inspiration, then why not check out this post I recently wrote on French Sweets You Must Try in Paris?
The Only Hot Chocolate Recipe You’ll Ever Need!
I always make this recipe when I'm feeling down or just want a somewhat 'healthier' pick me up... and by healthier I mean not cookie dough or white wine! The cookie dough is always a temptation though...
This recipe isn't strictly 'vegan' because I use honey to sweeten it (but you could definitely use sugar instead). In case you were wondering why honey isn't vegan, it's because technically honey comes from an animal (obviously it is produced by bees!)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- 70% chocolate
- Aquire the ingredients. Probably best to buy them... good start!
- Measure out the almond milk. I normally do this by pulling out the mug I'm going to use and fill it to 3/4 full.
- Warm the milk in a saucepan. I normally warm it until it starts to froth as I always find it tastes creamier as a result.
- Add 1-3 pieces of chocolate and stir until the hot chocolate is blended properly. Depends on what your day's been like...
- Add honey to taste (I usually use a maximum amount of one teaspoon)
Recipe by Sophie Nadeau | solosophie.com